Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"Ockit"

I need to confess. I have corrupted Little J.

Michael and Tomoko brought us some chocolate from Hawaii and this morning I was eating some (actually I was eating a lot of some). A little chip broke off of the piece I was eating and I offered it to J. He opened up his little mouth and I put in the chip, telling him it was chocolate. Immediately his trusting expression turned to one of bliss and he said "Mmm!" So cute!

Later I gave him another little chip and he immediately signed "more." Not long after that he was chattering "ockit, ockit?" When I took him out to the kitchen, I picked up a piece and held it to his mouth so that he could take a little nibble off of it. As most babies do, he kept leaning forward to get more of it into his mouth, and I kept scooting it back to try to keep the nibble small. Then he reached up, grabbed my hand and shoved it into his mouth for a lightening speed, good-sized bite of ockit. What a proactive little guy.

3 comments:

More Bacon said...

Mother!! :) I think it's great. Besides, wasn't his doc saying he needed to gain weight? Chocolate always helps me to gain weight.

More Bacon said...

Apparently, he has always loved chocolate, but now that he knows the word, he is talking about it ALL the time and asking Jenn for ockit and signing more as fast as he can go...at all hours of the day...

If you had taught him the word for sweet potatoes, somehow, I don't think it would've had the same impact.

He saw Jenn making brownies, and he was going on and on about cake and how he wanted it. Little did he know, that's the best kind of cake--chocolate cake. :)

LL said...

Nothing wrong with a little ockit. :-)