Sunday, May 4, 2008

If you give a Bear a . . .

I've made the acquaintance of "Teddy" and "Sammy" this past week. Teddy is a small blue bear and Sammy is a large tiger/cat- the companions of Jonah and Tommy. Sammy is generally well-behaved but frequently makes his kitty comments. Teddy, however, has a few problems. He needed a small "freshen up" today because he got a few smudges last night that deeply concerned his boy, Jonah. Not really a problem this time, but I worry frequently about his safety and cleanliness and try to protect him. The real problem I have is with what is going on in Teddy's head.

There is a little bell in his head. It jingles with the slightest movement, which makes Teddy bad company in a motel room with other people. I wished I could give him a lobotomy or something, but then I remembered all of the "If I you give a . . . " picture books. I'm pretty sure if I give a bear a lobotomy, one thing will lead to another and I'll end up with something that doesn't resemble Teddy at all.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

It does make it easy to find Jonah if he's carrying the bear, though...

However, maybe a lobotomy is in order. That ringing did get irritating!

LL said...

Hee hee.