Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nana on the Job-#1


Today is day one of Nana on the Job. After sitting on I-15 at a dead stop on the way to the airport (thanks to my delay in getting out of the house), I made my flight and the rest of the trip to WI was uneventful.

Now that I am here, though, I have discovered a problem. I will have to be careful and remember to stifle the urge to giggle when out in public. The reason for this is the local accent. When I listen to the conversations around me, I just have the urge to giggle. I keep forgetting that everyone else here probably thinks my accent is the strange one.





As instructed, I have a couple of pictures of the new arrival and one his brothers.

3 comments:

More Bacon said...

YAY! He is so beautiful!! And his brothers are getting so big!

I'm so glad that you put those pictures up. When I got home from school, I thought, I'll check the blog just in case she put something up...hoping, hoping... And sure enough, somebody's mother comes through, just like always!

It's all I can do to not just book a flight out there and come see them right now! :) I'll resist though. But when my class is over this semester, heaven help the person who tries to keep me away from those boys!

I noticed the accent when I called the hospital, and I also loved it.

LL said...

You should have talked to our painter. Holy cow it cracked me up!!

An said...

Hey Somebody's Mother...thanks for posting these pictures of Little M. And thanks to you, Liz, for the tip to check this blog for pictures.