Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I am glad for many things-here are ten

For quite some time now, I have thought about things I am thankful for. I don't mean things that I am glad I have (and yes, they are THINGS) but things that I am glad were developed or discovered because I believe they make the world a better place. Some of them will seem pretty lame or trivial to most people but I believe they have each had a profound, positive impact on the world. I have come up with about twenty, but here are ten, in no particular order.

1-Inexpensive mass-produced paper
2-Printing press
3-Pencils with erasers
4-Toilet paper
5-Clean water
6-Soap
7-Antibiotics
8-Pasteurization
9-Indoor plumbing
10-Paved roads


Tell me what you think and share your list of things if you'd like to.

3 comments:

jenn said...

That is a great list. Pencils with erasers. I never really thought about how helpful they were and I don't want to imagine my life without indoor plumbing.

More Bacon said...

Those are all fantastic things! I am glad I have them. I'm also delighted that I have the combustion engine.

LL said...

Excellent list. I'd have to add electricity, because it gets dark here at 5. I can't imagine sitting around in the dark with the kids for 3 hours, or using candles (we'd be burned down by now for sure). And when it is chilly and the heat clicks on, I'm pretty thankful for that too.