Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Road Trip - Day 7







Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert! Cover your eyes, Liz! Today we wore our matching shirts. We got lots of compliments and positive comments. I would say that is a reflection on the group we are traveling with, except that when we went to get a hamburger for dinner, a mechanic at the Burgerville also liked our shirts.
Two

We went to the Bonneville Dam today where there are also fish ladders and locks for boats to pass through. We watched fish go up the ladders and looked at some lampreys that were suctioned on to the viewing window.
Three

One

We also went to look at sturgeon. Then we went to Multnomah Falls for lunch at the lodge and then to a Japanese Garden and a Chinese Garden. Both were beautiful. We ran out of time and didn't get to the Rose Test Garden, but we will do that on Saturday if we can squeeze it in. I caught an interesting insect inside the bus at the Falls, but he chewed his way out of my ziplock bag before we got back to the motel :(

Our bus driver is from the Ukraine and he is fun to listen to.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

Yikes! I knew there was a reason why I didn't like it when you caught bugs. I KNEW they could get out!!!

Incidentally, David saw the bird in the fridge last night. I wasn't there for it, but Steven said that David was looking pretty sick there for a minute.

somebody's parents said...

Is this dead bird #4 or #3? Not sure I would do anything with #3 but since it is in the fridge, leave it until I ge home. You can always put it in a brown bag.