Tuesday, January 13, 2009

That's Better!

We are all settled in to our condo. Unfortunately, our room does not have the internet access we expected, so we will have to do all our connecting ocean/poolside.

We went to the Kona Temple this morning. It is a really nice little temple and it’s a little different than other temples we have been to.

While O was out there this afternoon I went out to look at turtles and tide pools. Very interesting. There are lots of little critters in the pools. In addition to the little fish in the tide pools, a lot of the stuff that looks like pebbles will start moving around if you stand still and watch for long enough.

Here is a picture of the view from the lanai of the temporary condo. Nice!



This is the view from the lanai of the condo we are in now. Not quite as nice, but still pleasant.



Here is a little bit of what we can see from poolside. There are worse places to do your email and blogging!





And now, a little turtle time for you to enjoy. The ocean was so loud, we left out the original audio. My apologies to the turtle. Once he saw me, he and I both decided we were too close to each other. I promise I'll be more considerate from now on.



We ate at Huggo’s tonight and watched the sunset from our table. Then we enjoyed the lights along the bay while we finished our dinner.







Tomorrow we plan to go north for part of the day, unless there is good lava viewing, which will mean a trip south instead.

5 comments:

More Bacon said...

Such beautiful pictures! What a great place to sit and work (for dad) or sit and blog (for you).

Did you just go to see the temple or did you guys go do a session?

Tide pools?? Awesome!

I thought that there was lots of discussion about the internet in the condo before you got there...

HUGGOS!!!! Mmmm....I'm so jealous! It is the perfect environment and FANTASTIC food...mmm...

I can't wait to see the turtle movie.

So if you go north, what does that entail? You headed up in the area of Thigh-Butts?

Shannon said...

Wow, that is really beautiful. It looks like a great place to visit. I hope you two have a wonderful time.

LL said...

Our friend Joz works at the park. At least he did. We haven't talked to him in awhile. :-) If you see a guy that looks just like Jim Carrey tell him JC says hi. :-)

What a beautiful view!!

Have you ever done any scuba diving? We went on a scuba excursion while we were there, no certification required. Like snuba but you carry your tank and go with an instructor. I got to hold an octopus, which was pretty awesome. Wasn't terribly expensive, $50 maybe. I also saw a turtle, but he was just laying there at the bottom, not doing anything. I had been hoping to see one swimming around.

I'm glad you got all settled in and can now enjoy your vacation!!

somebody's mother said...

When we went to the temple, we did a session.

Yes, when we went up north, we were in the area of Thiebaut's, but we didn't ea there. We stopped and ate at Pesto's instead. Yum! then for supper, we stirfried some veggies from the farmer's market and cut in some left over steak from our dinner at Huggo's. Delish!

More Bacon said...

Love the turtle!! So cute! I'm crazy jealous!

Of course, tonight, I saw a bunch of jellyfish. Just in the ocean, hanging out, swimming around, just being themselves...Jonah and I had a great time looking at them, and we had to call the others over to see the awesome sight. I'll have to tell you all about it later.