Thursday, November 13, 2008

All the pretty little ponies

So I was walking through a market last week, minding my own business when something in the beverage cooler caught my eye and I had to stop. Sure enough, it wasn't my imagination. Maltas. And not just any Maltas, but Pony Maltas. The real deal. Being a good Mother-in-law (OK-well maybe just TRYING to be a good one) I stopped and picked up a few. Then as I turned away from the cooler, what did I see behind me? More Pony Maltas; stacks of cases of Pony Maltas. In two different sizes. (I'm not sure, but I think the heavenly choir might have sung a chord or two.)

If you haven't ever had a Pony Malta, join the club. I have never had one and don't intend to have one because I am not into malted non-alcoholic beverages. But I know a certain Colombiano who LOVES them. So I put the cold ones back and got a few small ones to bring home.

Sadly (for someone), I have decided to keep them here for future use. Just in case they get scarce again before someone comes to visit. Besides- I don't think Tita has any room left in her suitcase.



Want one? Come and get it!

4 comments:

More Bacon said...

He he he...

Gotta say, I've had a Pony before, and it must be an acquired taste.

David said...

Most excellent. I've never had them and I'm not sure I want to (although I do enjoy drinks others find not enjoyable ie: yohoo) but I say excelent to try to find a way to bribe someone to come out and visit.

LL said...

Javier and Andres LOVE Pony Malta. They'll be so pleased.

JC read this and laughed but didn't know how to post his own comment. :-)

Wondering what it tastes like? Like a carbonated vegemite beverage. Yech.

somebody's mother said...

I was pretty sure it had to taste a lot like the way Vegemite smells. That is why I have never tasted it. Yech, indeed.