Friday, September 5, 2008

Oops!

So I have this little habit that backfires on me now and then. Sometimes, I put something in the microwave that only needs 15 or 20 seconds and hit the instant minute button and then just open the oven as soon as it is ready. Then I might put in something else to use up the rest of the time. Once in a while, I forget that the thing I put in needs to come out before the cycle ends. And it gets overdone.

Yesterday, I put in a pat of butter to melt and pulled it out after about 12 seconds. Then I put in my little plastic squeeze bottle of homemade pancake syrup and hit the "add a minute" button because it would need just a little more than a minute, intending to give it a shake halfway through and then pull it out before the one minute and 48 seconds was done. Then I got side tracked.

My attention returned to the syrup when I heard a loud pop and then a steamy whistle from the microwave.

My syrup bottle had had a blow out.

On one side of the bottle.

While the turntable was still going.

Oops.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

It was such a good little bottle...oh well--gives us an excuse for a Gygi's trip!

LL said...

Oooo! If you go to Gygi's can you get me 2 more of the tiny cookie sheets? My oven is so small I can't fit a regular pan in it, and I only have 2, which I also use for other things. We made cookies the other day and it was pretty boring waiting for them to cook, waiting for them to cool, then scooping the next tray and waiting. Pretty inefficient.

I have much more horrific blowout stories. Different kind of blowout...