Saturday, January 14, 2012

Aloha 2012

Day Five

We went for a big walk along the beach in the Koloko-Honokohau National Historical Park. Last year, and the year before, we saw new and interesting things on the beach. This year we added another new sight to our list. I could tell you what we saw, but instead I'm going to show you, and let you tell me how it got there.
DSC05005  Version 1
I'll put up a picture with the answer in my next post. In the mean time, here's a picture of a little fella I saw on the rocks at low tide. I have no idea what it is, but I think it's kind of cute.

DSC05014  Version 1
We spent the rest of the day hanging out, writing post cards, etc. Then after dinner we took our car to the parking lot at the airport and picked up a Jeep Wrangler so that we could have a high-clearance 4WD to go up the road in the Kahuku section of the Volcanoes National Park tomorrow (we'll return the Jeep and reclaim our car tomorrow afternoon).

1 comment:

LL said...

Uh, what left the tracks?