Saturday, May 2, 2009

Road trip- day six

This was the first full day of conference sessions. There are a little over 4000 people attending the conference. After the keynote speaker I went to sessions on ‘The Job of the Planning Commissioner,” “Site Plan Review for Officials,” “Planning for Urban Agriculture” and finished up with “Religion, Zoning and the Courts.” There was something interesting in each one.

There was a big opening reception in the evening. My ticket was free, but a ticket for O would be $70! So we dashed down the street to a little bistro to get him some dinner. Then I went to the reception (can you say LOUD and crowded?) and ate a little roast beef, prosciutto-wrapped shrimp in apricot glaze, lemon chicken and bacon-wrapped scallops. There weren’t really many fruits or veggies, so I guess it was a good thing I had eaten a salad while O ate his dinner. I didn’t get $70 worth of value out of the event, probably because I didn’t take advantage of the open bar or cold beer on tap.

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

Yes, I think you have to be a big drinker to get your $$ worth for those kind of events. Your classes don't sound particularly interesting to me, but I'm glad that you enjoyed them, and I'm glad there are people like you who enjoy those kinds of thngs so that I don't have to. :)