Wednesday, April 16, 2008

One more time-we hope!

We are home now and have had a chance to look at all the work that the painters did while we were gone. The colors are fine. As a matter of fact, we have decided we could have gone with even deeper colors.

I thought that the texturing looked awfully coarse, though, and that there were some distinct blobs of texture that were just begging grandkids to pick them off. I also noticed a few places where I thought the seams should have been done a little better. When someone from the company came over to take pcitures of the job, I showed him all those things and we also noticed a few other things that should have been done better. He decided that he needed to send a crew back out to work on some of the seams, fix a few spots and completely redo all the texture and repaint (at their expense).

I thought I had this all planned out so that we would be done before my "work season" and all of the traveling that we had planned. No such luck. Now they will have to work around my schedule to get things taken care of. So we will not be finishing things up any time soon. But once we do, it will be nice.

3 comments:

More Bacon said...

They're going to completely retexture and repaint?!?!? Holy cow...the walls will be very texture-y...

So are you going to have them repaint the darker color?

LL said...

Ooooo, go dark! Go dark!!!

Jenni said...

I'm so excited to see your revisions! Sounds exciting!