Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Pat on the Back, Please

A few days ago I was sorting through some dusty boxes of stuff that had been packed away forever. I emptied out four boxes and washed and dried the boxes! (no I’m not a neat freak, they were plastic storage boxes) One of the boxes had musical figurines and music boxes wrapped in dusty newspapers from a decade ago. Some of them were mine and some of them were from my mother’s collection.

Instead of just wrapping them in the old newspapers and putting them back in a box, I cleaned them all up and took pictures of them. I had purchased a large roll of bubble wrap a few months ago when I needed a little. The big roll was such a good deal that I bought it, figuring I would be glad to have the extra some day. Well, some day had arrived. I wrapped each one in bubble wrap and packed them into a clean box.

I put all the pictures into a document on the computer and wrote a little bit about each music box or figurine- who it belonged to and whether it had any special significance. Then I printed it and put it in the box with the wrapped figurines.

How’s that for above and beyond?

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

I think it's amazing!!! Now, if we ever have to go through those things and you've forgotten what they all were, we'll be able to tell you! :)

LL said...

Holy cow. That is WAY above and beyond. If I could reach from here, I'd give you a nice big pat. :-)