Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Closing in on the end

Hello readers!

Lots has happened since my last post. I've been to New York and back, discovered two inches of water in my basement when I returned, tended to all the details of getting rid of the water and getting things back to the way they were before, spent three days at the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival and hiked across the Grand Canyon from rim to rim. And I might tell you about all of those things, but not today.

Today, after four weeks of having six beds, two dressers, a desk, assorted household goods, eight doors, several extra dining chairs, a large, old TV and miscellaneous food storage items crammed into our family room, we finally got the replacement carpet installed so that we can start putting some of the stuff back where it belongs.

We have to leave space around the edges of the rooms so that they can install the coving ('baseboard' made out of carpet). They are cutting and binding the coving today and tomorrow they will come and install the coving in two of the bedrooms. Then it's, "Hello family room and goodbye clutter." Whew!

I am determined to get rid of some of the stuff instead of putting it back (Anyone interested in some used kids paperback books?).

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

More Bacon said...

Holy cow--it's crazy in there! I bet you'll be glad to have it back to normal.

Shannon said...

Wow! I'm with Liz. Glad that it is going to be back to normal soon. I bet that is hard to look at:)

Shannon said...

Wow! I am with Liz! I bet that was hard to have everything in disarray. Glad it will be back to normal soon:)

LL said...

What a mess! I'm always afraid we'll come home to that. Glad it is almost behind you!!

Steve said...

imagine how crazy my life was during all of this, pretty much everything I own was in that stack somewhere! finally things are getting back to normal!

Jenni said...

Sounds like you've had many awesome adventures (and some less-than-awesome ones).

Good luck getting your family room back in order!