Sunday, July 19, 2009

Give us this day our daily salad

Before we started our road trip I told my neighbors that they could come over to our garden and help themselves to our lettuce. I figured the weather would warm up and the lettuce would get too mature and bitter while we were gone. So I figured someone should use it up while it was still good.

When we got home, it didn’t look like anyone had taken any lettuce (it turned out they had once, but you couldn’t tell). And the weather never got warm while we were gone so the lettuce grew and grew, but didn’t get bitter.





So we ate our way through it, one tasty salad at a time.

1 comment:

LL said...

Awesome. For awhile I was doing really well and eating my salads every day. Then I got sick. Now I've bought a head of lettuce and it is molding in the fridge. Baby steps, I guess...