Saturday, March 15, 2008

Now leaving the comfort zone

Update- the leak is fixed (actually 2 leaks) and part of the drywall is up. Unfortunately, the drywall guys destroyed our super-speed network cables that we had just pulled from one end of the house to the other and then across the house from one side to the other. Argh! We'll have to redo it and Dad's time is pretty precious these days. I will have to watch them like a hawk when they are working along the wall with all of our other expensive wires, cables and connections.

The old furniture, shelves, TV, shelves, DVD player, shelves and miscellaneous stuff went to D.I. today (along with even more shelves).

Now for the hard part. Aesthetic choices- decorating decisions. Somehow I must figure all of this out in the next few days, starting with exactly how the 12" all the way around the fireplace should look. (Tile or no tile?) Can you say "clueless?"

6 comments:

More Bacon said...

I can't believe they did that! Are they going to pay for it??? Hosers...

I would help with the aesthetic things, but you know how good I am at that...not at all... :)

somebody's mother said...

That's because your mother neglected that important part of your upbringing. Sorry.

LL said...

I love our red wall, but that may be a bit bold for your taste. :-) I also love our green wall, which you may not have noticed as it is covered by furniture in the nursery/guest room/office/storage room. And I love love love our couch. I googled Hidalgo sofa and found it online. :-)

More Bacon said...

I'm not sure you neglected it--I think that some people are just born with a sense of style, and I'm not one of them. Lots of people would tell you that, sadly...

LL said...

Our fireplace is framed in wood and has a wood mantle. Eh... Not a huge fan of it, but I'm not sure why. We have tile right in front of the fireplace. I think matching tile up the wall would look nice, but then mantle or no? Seems like it would be weird without one. If we didn't have a mantle, where would we hide the remotes and flashlights?? But I'm sure you could put up a mantle AND have the tile...I think...

Any decorators or people with really good taste in your ward? Have you asked Tomoko - she's classy and has good taste. And she has fireplaces in her house, might have some advice about what she loves/hates.

Jenni said...

I'm glad you found the leak before the new furniture!

Good luck with the decorating!