Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Home Again

It is nice to sleep in your own bed. We traveled over 2200 miles (in the RAV4) as well as I bet at least 400 miles in the bus. But all was well we are safe and sound. Other than almost hitting an orange barrel in a construction zone, the trip was completely uneventful (at least from those scary kinds of events). It is a great blessing to be able to travel so far safely.

Mom makes it sound like I am depressed by the Utah scenery. It isn't that, I just wonder how I ended up in the desert when I really don't like the desert. But then you would have to ask why I hike the Grand Canyon when I dislike the scenery there as well. I guess you can't always do things the way you would like, sometimes you just have to adjust to the world around you.

We have a great job, the house is paid off and life is pretty good. I enjoy my Church job and am close to the majority of my family. I guess things are pretty good. But I will still visit the "green places" on this earth.

5 comments:

jenn said...

I have to agree that Utah is pretty dismal in the summer, but this is where the people I love live, (and our livelyhood) so I guess I'll be content with that. We can commiserate when it gets bad.

More Bacon said...

It is very ugly outside lately, and I hate the heat. But it's true: this is where most of the people I want to be with are, and this is where my work and my school are, but someday, maybe I'll be somewhere else because I'm DYING in the heat and grossness lately!!

LL said...

Michigan is green. I'm just sayin'...

jenn said...

Sounds like a plan, let's all move there!!!!

More Bacon said...

I'd move there, but I hear that it's green but disgusting for all but 2 weeks of the year... :)

And if I moved there and then you guys moved, I'd be way lonely. :)